In this Oracle business intelligence guide, learn how to start an Oracle business intelligence implementation with...
BI advice from the experts. Get the latest Oracle business intelligence news, understand basic business intelligence concepts and learn about business intelligence applications like Oracle OLAP, E-Business Suite and more.
Read the other sections of this guide on Oracle business intelligence and data warehousing:
- Oracle snaps up GoldenGate Software: With its purchase of GoldenGate Oracle strengthens its position in the real-time data integration, business intelligence markets, according to analysts.
- BI strategies of Oracle and the megavendors: In this video, Mark Smith, CEO of Ventana Research, compares Oracle's business intelligence software products with that of SAP and IBM.
- Ventana's Mark Smith on Hyperion and Oracle BI : SearchOracle.com caught up with Mark Smith, CEO of Ventana Research at OpenWorld recently. In this video, Smith shares his thoughts on the integration of Hyperion to date and Oracle's business intelligence and performance management products, particularly how Oracle is bringing Essbase and middleware into BI.
- Has Oracle's BI strategy become smarter with Hyperion?: Has Oracle's BI strategy been bolstered by the Hyperion CPM software acquisition? Get Forrester's Boris Evelson's take in this podcast.
- Oracle's business intelligence unit scores a win at the polls, signs Gallup: The Gallup Organization has chosen Oracle's Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition to let clients analyze employee and customer surveys.
- Oracle unveils BI suite for small companies Oracle wants to cash in on the fact that business intelligence software isn't just for large enterprises anymore.
- New Oracle BI tool adds color to compliance efforts Oracle offers up details about its new Daily Business Intelligence for Compliance software.
- Analyst views: Business intelligence: This article provides analysts' views of what BI really is, some of the reasons behind the increased interest in BI and the pitfalls to which users should be alerted, as well as recommendations for how best to proceed with BI.
- Implementing business intelligence with Oracle's E-Business Suite, part 1: This tip covers the merits of using Oracle's Embedded Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence System and Daily Business Intelligence features.
- Implementing business intelligence with Oracle's E-Business Suite, part 2: This tip covers the merits of using Oracle's Sales Analyzer, Financial Analyzer and Enterprise Planning and Budgeting features for data analysis.
- Implementing business intelligence with Oracle's E-Business Suite, part 3: This tip covers the merits of using Oracle's Discoverer and Reports features.
- Areas of impact while migrating database from 8i to 9i/10g: Read our expert's response to this reader question: "We are supporting a BI/data warehouse application. Now the backend database is migrating from Oracle 8i to Oracle 9i/10g. We are using Oracle Express Analyzer 6.3.2 as the OLAP tool for report generation. We would like to know the impact and areas of concern."
- The BI application consolidation challenge: This tip addresses the necessity and difficulty of consolidating business intelligence applications gained through acquisitions.
- Saving lives with Oracle BI: In the area of medical informatics, powerful tools such as Oracle Discoverer and Oracle Data Mining are improving the quality of health care and helping scientists to save lives.
- OLAP defined: What is OLAP, and what are its uses in the present day business environment?
- Oracle9i OLAP uncovered: This article outlines some of the key features of the Oracle9i OLAP option and explains how multidimensional OLAP data can now be incorporated into Oracle databases and made available to standard SQL-based Oracle tools and applications.
- Expanding business intelligence with enterprise information integration: In this Q&A the chief architect for ING Worldwide discusses the need for data integration in BI.
- One year later, Oracle touts progress of Fusion: This article details the progress of Oracle's year-old Fusion initiative as of early 2006.
- Legal auditing firm retains customers with Oracle BI: Read why one firm moved business intelligence to the top of its IT priority list.
- Getting BI with a little help from your friends: An interview with the VP of a firm that chose to implement Oracle Business Intelligence to solve its customer retention problems.
- Reducing time to process a query: Read expert Mike Lampa's response to the question, "We are using Oracle Business Intelligence 10g. We have a problem: when we click on a worksheet it takes too much time to process the query. Is there any possibility that we can reduce this elapsed time of querying?"
- Testing BI applications: This expert response addresses the types of tests that are typically used in testing BI and ETL applications.
- More business intelligence advice: Browse the archives of Mike Lampa's expert advice on data warehousing, metadata and BI.