These five quick tips may make your life as an Oracle DBA just a bit easier. Check out these member-submitted scripts and shortcuts to better manage your queries, conversions, rollbacks and other Oracle processes.
- Monitoring rollback progress: A simple statement to track how much of a rollback is done and how long it will take to complete.
- Identifying resource-intensive SQL: This script finds the SQL in your database that is using the most resources.
- Shortest way to convert money numbers into words: This code provides an efficient and compact solution for converting numeric money into words.
- SQL*Plus does not support command history on Linux: Here is a tip about changing the default settings of SQL*Plus to support command history on Linux.
- Tracking the progress of long-running queries: This tip describes how to create a "progress bar" for an SQL query.