If you get this error message when installing an Oracle patchset on AIX 4.3.2...
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .pthread_yieldld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information.make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 8.
...you must export the LINK_CNTRL variable with the correct value for your database/AIX system.
For More Information
- What do you think about this tip? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL gurus are waiting to answer your technical questions.