With over 1,800 sessions, Oracle OpenWorld can be an overwhelming conference, so it's important to have an idea of what to expect in order to set your priorities on what is most important to you. SearchOracle.com talked with IOUG president Ian Abramson about some of the issues that figure to be top of mind for attendees, what sessions and keynotes will be the most useful and more. Are you attending Oracle OpenWorld 2009? In this 14-minute podcast, you can also learn:
- What the IOUG will be offering at the show
- Abramson's opinion on the size of the conference and how the Sun acquisition may affect the show's offerings in the future
- How your company can use OpenWorld to plan your product direction
- How to find networking opportunities at the conference
- The buzz around hot topics like 11g Release 2, Fusion Middleware 11g, Sun and more
|Listen to the podcast:|
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
Oracle Openworld 2009: Here's what to expect
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
About the speaker: Ian Abramson is president of the IOUG and an Oracle data warehousing expert with more than 20 years of experience. Based in Toronto, Canada, he is the director of the Enterprise Data Group for Thoughtcorp, a company that focuses on business solution architecture, solution development, system integration, data warehousing, and business intelligence. Abramson has written numerous books on both Oracle and data warehousing and is a frequent presenter at Oracle and industry conferences and seminars. He is co-author of "The Oracle Database 11g Beginner's Guide" (McGraw-Hill Osborne Media, 2008).
|For more on Oracle OpenWorld|
- Stay up to date on the latest Oracle applications, database and middleware news from Oracle OpenWorld 2009 in our special report.
- Read coverage from last year's conference, Oracle OpenWorld 2008.