We caught up with Abramson at Oracle OpenWorld 2008 in San Francisco. In this 15-minute podcast, Abramson discusses:
- His goals and plans for the IOUG
- How the IOUG is helping integrate BEA users into the IOUG and the Oracle community
- The IOUG's role at OpenWorld
- The findings from an IOUG survey on DBA salaries
- The results from an IOUG survey that have raised concern about Oracle security.
|Ian Abramson on OpenWorld, DBA pay and security:|
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
IOUG chief discusses OpenWorld, DBA pay and security
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
|About the speaker:|
Ian Abramson is the current president of the IOUG and an Oracle and data warehousing expert with more than 20 years technical experience. Based in Toronto, Canada, he is currently an industry and technical consultant providing expert guidance in implementing solutions for clients in the telecommunications, CRM and utilities industries, among others. He is the author of numerous books on both Oracle and data warehousing and is a regular presenter at numerous industry conferences and seminars.
|Learn more about Oracle OpenWorld 2008|
- Read about a data warehousing session led by Abramson at OpenWorld and see what data warehousing features he thinks are necessary to stay competitive.
- Visit our Oracle OpenWorld 2008 special report page for more podcasts, videos, news and blogs.
- Be sure to visit SearchOracle.com's Podcast Library.