Oracle made big headlines earlier this year when it unveiled its Application Integration Architecture (AIA), a standards-based platform for business process management across Oracle, third-party and homegrown applications. As part of its AIA plan, Oracle is rolling out pre-built integrations across Oracle enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM) and industry applications using a common object model and the Business Process Execution Language (BPEL). AIA is sure to be a hot topic at Oracle OpenWorld 2007, the biggest Oracle conference of the year, which convenes in San Francisco next month. That's why SearchOracle.com decided to get in touch with Ken Vollmer, an integration expert and a principal analyst with Cambridge, Mass.-based Forrester Research Inc. In this podcast interview, Vollmer gives his picks for the best AIA-related sessions to attend at OpenWorld. He also seeks to clear up any AIA-related confusion by explaining how AIA fits into the overall IT marketplace, and how AIA can be used to help enterprises build effective service-oriented architectures (SOAs). Get all of the latest AIA information before you head to OpenWorld by listening to this informative podcast today.
|Oracle's Application Integration Architecture|
- Download the podcast here: Fast forward 8 minutes and 6 seconds into the podcast to get Vollmer's picks for the best AIA sessions to attend at OpenWorld.
More coverage of Oracle OpenWorld 2007
- Oracle OpenWorld 2007 Special Report: Your complete guide to Oracle OpenWorld 2007, including expert advice on the best sessions to attend, breaking news from the show floor and fresh technical tips for Oracle Database and enterprise applications users.
- The PeopleSoft user's guide to Oracle OpenWorld 2007: Oracle Applications Users Group president Jan Wagner talks about some of the latest news affecting PeopleSoft users and gives his picks for the best PeopleSoft sessions to attend at Oracle OpenWorld 2007.
- The E-Business Suite user's guide to Oracle OpenWorld 2007: Oracle E-Business Suite expert Ray Wang talks about the latest E-Business Suite news and gives his picks for the best E-Business Suite sessions to attend at Oracle OpenWorld 2007.
- The Oracle Database user's guide to Oracle OpenWorld 2007: Independent Oracle Users Group president Ari Kaplan gives his picks for the best Oracle Database-related sessions to attend at Oracle OpenWorld 2007.
- Be sure to visit SearchOracle.com's Podcast Library.
Dig Deeper on Oracle data and application integration
Oracle wants to sell you cars, not bits of cars. That was the theme of a remarkably low-key presentation by Oracle presidents Safra Catz and Charles Phillips...