Oracle Corp. finally announced the release date for the next version of Oracle Database -- and that date has arrived. Oracle officially announced the upcoming availability of 11g and showed off some of its new features at an event in New York City on July 11, 2007. However, SearchOracle.com has been on the case for some time now. This special report is your go-to source for information on Oracle 11g. We've gathered all our coverage of the upcoming release in one spot, including podcasts and analysis on new features and enhancements as well as advice on approaching the upgrade process. We'll also be adding breaking news to this page all month, so check back for more updates on the 11g launch.
- Oracle Database 11g beta testers speak up: Oracle Database 11g beta testers have a lot to say about the system's Real Application Testing and XML capabilities.
- Oracle shows off Database 11g: Touting a host of new self-management features, Oracle previewed its long-awaited Database 11g at an event in New York City today.
- Oracle Database 11g questions answered: Oracle honchos led by Charles Phillips fielded reporters' questions about the new Oracle Database 11g at an event in New York City this week.
- Database 11g release date confusion: For weeks everyone has been reporting July 11 as the launch date for Oracle 11g. Alas, the big Oracle event in New York was more of a preview and introduction than a product rollout.
- Database 11g debut raises Oracle security, patching questions: Oracle Database 11g hits the streets tomorrow, leading some to wonder if security improvements will come along with it.
|More on Oracle 11g|
- Author Mike Ault sizes up the new Oracle Database 11g: Oracle book author Mike Ault talks about the upcoming Oracle Database 11g's new SQL replay and memory management capabilities in this podcast.
- Oracle Database 11g preview -- New automated features promise to make DBA life easier: Oracle Database 11g will offer new automated management features that should allow DBAs to concentrate on more strategic issues. In this podcast, we talked to an Oracle honcho to find out more.
- Oracle expert looks ahead to Database 11g: Oracle Database expert Brian Peasland explains why he has little use for the planned XML upgrades in Database 11g and offers advice for DBAs hoping to get certification.
- Podcast: Expert says PL/SQL change needed in Oracle 11g: SearchOracle.com chats with one of the world's leading PL/SQL gurus, Steve Feuerstein, about the PL/SQL changes he'd like to see when Oracle debuts Database 11g.
- Oracle Database 11g to feature XML enhancements: The latest version of Oracle's flagship DBMS offers a host of XML-related upgrades.
- Podcast: Oracle Database expert talks Oracle-on-Linux: Oracle Database expert Brian Peasland talks to SearchOracle.com about running Oracle on Linux, Oracle's Red Hat support offering, the upcoming Oracle Database 11g and more.
- Oracle 11g beta testing looks promising: Despite some doubts that Oracle 11g will actually launch in July, the upcoming version promises to be the most robust and fully featured yet.
- Oracle Database 11g: Ready or not, here it comes: News editor Mark Brunelli rounds up all the opinions and analysis on Oracle 11g around SearchOracle.com and the rest of the Web so far.