LAS VEGAS -- Oracle today kicked off the Collaborate '07.
The pre-built process integration packs, which will run on the Oracle Fusion Middleware SOA Suite, are designed to reduce the costs associated with deploying and maintaining integrations, Jose Lazares, Oracle's vice president of application development and product strategy for AIA, said in an interview.
The first process integration pack expected to be available by the end of May is Oracle's Siebel CRM On Demand Integration Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite. Lazares said it's designed to support the so-called opportunity-to-quote process and automates the conversion of opportunities to quotes and quotes to orders.
Oracle also expects to deliver its Siebel CRM Integration Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite Order Management next month, which is designed to support the order-to-cash process lifecycle and will include capabilities for complex product configuration, automated order processing, inventory availability, real-time order status and price synchronization.
Boston-based analyst firm AMR Research Inc. says Oracle's new integration architecture is a significant stepping stone on the way to As part of the AIA plan, Lazares said Oracle plans to deliver industry reference models designed to give customers and Oracle partners tools and documented business processes to help them create integrated process flows across both Oracle and non-Oracle applications.
Oracle also plans to expand its Oracle Partner Network Applications Integration Initiative by providing ISVs with industry process content, governance methodology and testing and validation resources.
Oracle plans to roll out more Process Integration Packs over the next year and a half, including the following:
- Oracle's Siebel CRM Integration Pack for i-flex FLEXCUBE Account Originations is being designed to provide an integrated front-to-back-office banking solution that covers account opening and the order fulfillment process.
- Oracle's Siebel Call Center Integration Pack for Oracle Adverse Event Reporting System will support a complete closed-loop adverse event and complaint process from the moment of notification through reporting and monitoring. Oracle says this is a critical need in the life sciences industries.
- Siebel CRM Trade Promotions and Deductions Integration Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite is expected to provide trade promotional process for consumer goods companies and will encompass trade promotion creation and settlement flows.
- Communications Integration Packs for Siebel CRM, Oracle Billing and Revenue Management and Oracle Financials are intended to support the concept-to-launch and order-to-cash processes enabling product and price synchronization, account hierarchy management, billing activation for sales orders, bill presentation, payments, adjustments and revenue accounting.
- Multi Order Channel Management Integration Pack for Siebel CRM, Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Retail is expected to provide a uniform customer experience regardless of the sales channel being used.
- Siebel CRM On Demand Integration Pack for Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is scheduled to include support for the lead-to-order process, new account creation and maintenance process and product look-up synchronization.
- Oracle Transportation Management Integration Pack for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is scheduled to include support for rate and route shopping during sales order entry, optimized shipment planning and consolidation, freight audit and settlement processing and carrier payment.
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Financials Integration Pack for Oracle Financial Services Accounting Hub will allow users in the financial services industry to consolidate information from back-end systems into the Oracle Financial Services Accounting Hub and the PeopleSoft General Ledger.