With PeopleSoft, JD Edwards and Siebel now in the fold, Oracle has its hands full trying to keep everything running while at the same time bringing its CRM product together. One man responsible for that happening is Ed Abbo, senior vice president of CRM products and a Siebel veteran. He shares some of Oracle's plans for Fusion, what to expect in Siebel 8.0 and his thoughts on the future of innovation in CRM.
|Podcast: Oracle CRM chief Ed Abbo|
- Download the Ed Abbo CRM podcast here: Abbo also offers details on the future of Oracle's Customer Data Hub and Siebel's Universal Customer Master and the emergence of hosted contact centers.
- Oracle Fusion Update Center: Here you'll find all the latest news and analysis on Oracle's acquisitions and Fusion plans, plus plenty of information about how Oracle's chief competitor, SAP AG, is reacting. The battle for business applications dominance is in full swing and SearchOracle.com's Oracle Fusion Update Center has you covered.
- Pitney Bowes offers sage Siebel CRM advice at OpenWorld: Pitney Bowes has been through multiple Siebel deployments. Its data warehouse chief offered advice on deploying Siebel Analytics at Oracle's OpenWorld conference.
- Should Siebel customers expect a hike in CRM support costs?: Oracle boasts PeopleSoft and J.D. Edwards customers are happier with maintenance and support since it acquired them, but does their satisfaction have a hefty price tag?
- SAP extends CRM support to Siebel apps: With the help of its subsidiary TomorrowNow, SAP is looking to tempt more customers away from Oracle by extending its Safe Passage program to include third-party support to Siebel customers.