We have an Oracle 8i production database, and we installed 9i on a test server. We imported the dump taken from the 8i database, but the problem is when we take the export and import into Oracle 9i, the wrapped procedures are not importing because of error message "process out of memory while trying to allocate nnnn pl-sql non lib".
Check your INIT.ORA settings. Make sure that you have enough allocated memory to your Shared Pool in the 9i database. Then try your import again. This may also be a bug in 9i. Contact Oracle Support for more bug information.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available here.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.