This is a single question with multiple contexts.
From a tools context: Information Builders, Informatica, SAS, Business Objects, Cognos, Brio, Ascential, Abinitio, Embarcadero to name a few.
From a database context: Oracle, Sql/Server, Sybase, TeraData, Redbrick to name a few.
From an association/Institute context: The Data Warehouse Institute, local DAMA chapters.
From a consulting context: All of the Big X offer data warehouse consulting services, but are having marginal success delivering solid solutions. There is a huge network of small firms and independent consultants that specialize and focus on the data warehouse space and are having great success. You'll see these companies represented at TDWI conferences. These are the folks that provide the training and mentoring sessions.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an DW tip to offer your fellow administrators and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical data warehousing questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle data warehousing
Related Q&A from Mike Lampa
When trying to design a data warehouse, we often try to model the database on the operational data model. Are there any guidelines in trying to ... Continue Reading
What is a surrogate key in a table? Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.