My job is to increase the security in my company. Often I find messages that show the flaws of the components in the Oracle database (ex. Label Security). We are using standard installations for SAP and IXOS! How can I find out what components are installed? Is there a view or is the installActions.log file the solution?
To see which components are installed in your database, sign on to the database and issue the following query:
SELECT * FROM V$OPTION;If the VALUE column is TRUE, then the corresponding component in the PARAMETER column is installed. If the VALUE column is FALSE, then that component is not installed.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.