What are some of the key features I should look for in an SQL tuning tool?
There are many different 3rd party vendors wishing to sell you their SQL tuning tool. Oracle even has a SQL tuning tool as an additional add-on to Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
Some of the features I'd look for are:
- Ability to make expert advice on tuning a query.
- Ability to handle your database version's new feature set.
- Ability to save tuning information for later analysis.
- Ability to tune by estimating future growth.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.