Do you know a web-based tool where I can manage the info in my hosted Oracle database? I would like to have Graphical Interface to import (from different sources), massive update based on a criteria, or export.
I've never used any Web-based Oracle DB administration tools. I do know that some out there exist though. The best one that I've seen really isn't web based. It is accessed through the wireless internet on a PDA (running Palm OS). This product is called Pocket DBA. Oracle used to provide some Web-based admin tools in their WebDB product. This product has now been replaced by Oracle Portal. I'm not sure if this still retains the Web-based admin functionality of its predecessor. Aside from that, you may be able to find some vendors that do produce a product that you are seeking. But you'll have to search the Web for them.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our Oracle gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.