How can I view the ORA error in Windows 2000 environment. In Unix, I would have typed (oerr ora-0----) at the $ prompt.
There is not an equivalent utility for the Windows environment to oerr.
But...you can do this in SQL*Plus:
SQL> set serveroutput on SQL> exec dbms_output.put_line( sqlerrm( -1422 ) ); ORA-01422: exact fetch returns more than requested number of rows
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle error messages
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.