Can there be a table that isn't defined in the obj table? I'm able to select data from a table, but I don't see this table appear in the obj table or any of the other general tables (tab, tabs, all_tables etc.). My question is how can I see ALL the objects for a specific user?
The object in question may not be a table or it may not qualify to be listed in TAB. For instance, the "table" may be a view and it may be owned by another user. To be sure, query DBA_OBJECTS for the object in question. To query for all objects for a specific user, sign on as that user and query USER_OBJECTS.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our applications, PL/SQL, database administration and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.