Is it possible to use SQLLDR from a client machine? Is it also possible to use the EXPORT and IMPORT utilities...
from a client machine? I want to give these utilities to one of my developers without allowing him to sit in front of my Oracle server.
Yes, it is possible to use these utilities on a client machine. In fact, the Oracle Client installation installs these utilities. Anyone with Oracle Client installed can use these utilities to do the same tasks on the server. When you specify the userid/password, you'll also has to specify the TNS alias (userid/[email protected]) so that the utility knows which database do connect to.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.