I have a monthly report generated by a system in an Excel file. I want to create an interface so that every month, I would be able to upload the file in Excel format into an Oracle database (using jdbc) according to the column name. Please assist me on how to do this. Thanks in advance.
If you can have the Excel (.xls) file saved as some text format such as .txt or .csv, you can easily read the contents of the file and load it into Oracle. Tom Kyte answered a similar question on how to build an Excel file and included a lengthy script. While that script builds an Excel file, I think a few modications could easily do the process in reverse. Take a look at the following link and see if you can't get enough to get you started.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.