Is there anyway of reinstating the ORACLE_HOME information into the oraInventory files? Or will I have to uninstall/reinstall the base product?
- Back up your current oraInventory (incase this plan fails)
- Remove/rename the oraInventory directory
- Install 9.2.0.x and the 22.214.171.124 patchset to a new ORACLE_HOME
- upgrade your database by shutting it (126.96.36.199) down, changing that database's ORACLE_HOME to the new ORACLE_HOME you installed (188.8.131.52) and following the upgrade steps (catpatch.sql, etc.)
- Remove the 184.108.40.206 ORACLE_HOME using operating system commands since it is no longer registered in any oraInventory
That may get you to your desired end result without having to reinstall very much and also will minimize the downtime to the database.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database installation, upgrades and patches
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.