I have a question regarding two columns in the v$filestat. These two columns are READS & PHYREADS. What's the difference between the two, and how can it be used in tuning I/O issues?
I had to verify this to be sure, but I checked Oracle 7.3.4, Oracle 8, and Oracle 8i and I did not find both READS and PHYREADS in the V$FILESTAT view. The READS column is missing, and the Oracle documentation does not include the READS column in the view definition as well. What version of Oracle are you using?
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our Oracle gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.