I am very new to Oracle and have created a new DB instance on my personal laptop. There are two other instances already created by an archive software package called IXOS. The username and passwords for these two instances were given to me through the documentation.
The problem is that the new instance that I have created didn't prompt me to supply a username and password during creation. The result is that I can not log on to the database, whether I use the server manager or the schema manager. I have tried to use sysman/oem_temp with no success.
You should be able to get in by using either of the following accounts:
SYS with password of CHANGE_ON_INSTALL SYSTEM with password of MANAGER
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database security
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.