How can I transpose the rows into columns in a SELECT statement?
Tom Kyte has a pretty good explanation of this operation on his AskTom Web site. The details of this problem can be found at: http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:214100009856276924::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:124812348063,
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.