Is it possible to track DDL activities in Audit Trail?
Yes, it is possible. You can get all audit options from the SQL Reference manual. Pay particular attention to Table 12-1, Statement Auditing Options for Database Objects and Table 12-2, Additional Statement Auditing Options for SQL Statements. From here, you can see that you can audit virtually any DDL statement. If that doesn't meet your needs, you can create a trigger to do the auditing for you.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.