The most important reporting & query tool is one that is embraced and used by your business community. Which tool you decide to bring into your organization is largely driven by the level of technical savvy and desire for empowerment that your business users have. Another huge influencing factor is your company's budget. Make sure you interview your business community to understand what kinds of information access and analysis they expect to do before you decide on the tool.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Data warehousing and Business Intelligence Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an DW tip to offer your fellow administrators and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical data warehousing questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle DBA tools
Related Q&A from Mike Lampa
When trying to design a data warehouse, we often try to model the database on the operational data model. Are there any guidelines in trying to ... Continue Reading