I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me how can I store an image such as "tiger.jpg" into Oracle 8i BLOB field by using the SQL*Loader.
Control File LOAD DATA INFILE 'pix.dat' INTO TABLE table1 FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' (field1 char(20), external_filename FILLER CHAR(50), "BLOBDATA" LOBFILE(external_filename) TERMINATED BY EOF) Data File (pix.dat) picture of tiger,tiger.jpg
SQL*Loader will get the LOBFILE name from the external_filename filler field. It uses LOBFILE to load the data from the file.
For more information on using SQL*Loader to load LOB data, please see the Oracle Utilities reference document chapter 3. If you don't have access to a set of documentation, you can find it online at technet.oracle.com.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle and SQL
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.