In Oracle release 8.1.7, can I set the parameter java_pool_size to 0? If not, what is the least possible value?
You can set this parameter to 0, but it will default the smallest possible value. The Oracle docs indicate that the range of values is 1,000,000 to 1,000,000,000 but when I set this parameter to zero in my 8.1.7 instances, a quick 'show parameter java_pool_size' indicates that only 32 KB has been allocated.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our applications, PL/SQL, database administration and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.