I want to setup replication between two databases (Solaris/Oracle 8.1.7). Please tell me what procedure I should follow.
Setting up replication isn't the easiest thing to do. There are many factors to consider. Each factor can force a decision or two. And there is quite a lot of steps to perform, many more steps than can be easily portrayed in this forum.
I strongly suggest reading the Oracle9i Replication Management API Reference documentation. It details how to set up replication.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.