I am trying to connect to a remote database with dblink. I am getting following error: ORA-02085: database link DVOA002.WORLD connects to PROA002.WORLD. The solution that I found is: There is a parameter in init.ora called GLOBAL_NAMES. If you change it to false, you can do your database link and it will work. Are there any other solutions? What if the GLOBAL_NAMES need to be set to true?
If the GLOBAL_NAMES need to be set to true, then you must create a database link with the same name as the database to which it connects.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Eli Leiba are available here.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.