I wish to know how I can send e-mails to people using database triggers to capture values entered in specific columns.
To send e-mail from within the database, use the UTL_SMTP package. An example of how to use this package to send an e-mail is available right in the Oracle docs. The following link will take you to that example:
From that, it shouldn't be too hard to use UTL_SMTP in your trigger code.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.