Does Oracle support the declaration of SCROLL CURSORs? I am interested in using the FETCH ABSOLUTE option.
Yes. I believe server-side scrollable cursors are implemented 9i through the OCI interface. In 8i, client-cached scrollable cursors were implemented in JDBC 2.0, but that feature was not recommended for very large result sets.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the edtiors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best SQL Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.