I was wondering if you know of a script that creates a flat file, 'csv file', from an Oracle database (maybe even specifying a table).
Sometimes, it is best to use all available resources. So in that vain, I will redirect you to one of the Oracle community's best resources...Tom Kyte. This Oracle guru has his own Web site called AskTom (http://asktom.oracle.com). He has answered this very question for others. For your particular problem, please follow this link: http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:983199::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:1992907061984,%7Bcsv%7D
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.