- Take a backup of 8.1.7.x 32-bit database in 4.3.3
- Upgrade AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5L
- Boot the machine in 32-bit mode
- Continue to use the 8.1.7.x s/w and database if required
When you plan to upgrade to 9i 64-bit:
- Backup and shut down 8.1.7 32-bit database
- Install 9i 64-bit software
- Upgrade the 8i 32-bit database to 9i release 2 64-bit database using the installer
Dig Deeper on Oracle database backup and recovery
Related Q&A from Maria Anderson
Can I use /var/opt/oracle/oratab to specify listener information? Continue Reading
We would like to migrate our database from Oracle 8.1.7 to Oracle 10g. We would like to know the impact for our application developed using Delphi ... Continue Reading
I have been trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on SUSE Linux 9.0 and got the error: "Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/...../*.mk." Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.