I granted execution any procedure to public to test an application. When the test is done, I would like to revoke the grant. Would you show me how to do that? If I do revoke execute any procedure from public, it will create all kinds of problems.
REVOKE EXECUTE ANY PROCEDURE FROM PUBLIC ;First of all, you really shouldn't do that under any circumstance (i.e. grant execute any procedure) if you really want to properly test. Your production application won't use that level of security so your tests shouldn't either.
It shouldn't cause any problems in particular. You granted a privilege and now you're taking it away.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our applications, PL/SQL, database administration and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle and SQL
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.