A fun "hunt & peck" online resource is webopedia.internet.com. Just type in various terms to see a straightforward definition.
Another comprehensive source for understanding data warehousing concepts is www.dwinfocenter.org. Of course, don't forgot all the resources that searchDatabase.com has.
Bill Inmon and Claudia Imhoff have written several books that provide straight forward explanations of WHAT data warehousing is all about.
I would also suggest surfing the net for consulting companies and data warehouse industry associations that have a place for requesting more information or just search for "online data warehousing tutorials." You'll find the industry is most accommodating when people are seeking to understand data warehouse concepts. We love to share our knowledge!
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback.
- The Best Data warehousing and Business Intelligence Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an DW tip to offer your fellow administrators and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical data warehousing questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our Oracle, SQL, OODBMS, Data warehousing, and database design gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle data warehousing
Related Q&A from Mike Lampa
When trying to design a data warehouse, we often try to model the database on the operational data model. Are there any guidelines in trying to ... Continue Reading
What is a surrogate key in a table? Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.