I'm running out of space and trying to get more by all means. I did not have room to rebuild the index, and I kept...
getting "ORA-1652 unable to extent temp segment by 1025 in tablespace. So I dropped the index and tried to recreate it. Now I get "ORA-1630 max # extents (249) reached in temp segment in tablespace." Any suggestion on how to fix this?
To fix the ORA-1630 error, you'll need to change the STORAGE limits on the index. You can do this by issuing the following command:
ALTER INDEX index_name STORAGE (MAXEXTENTS 500);Now the index can allocate up to 500 extents (more than the 249).
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.