I'm installing Oracle 8.1.7 rev. 3 on a Solaris 8 for the first time. When the installation created the database files the following error occurs: ORA-03114. Then I do
--> lsnrctl stop --> lsnrctl startThe listener seems to start OK, but then I get the error: ORA-01034 NOT CONNECTED TO ORACLE. What is the possible solution to this?
For some reason, you are losing your database connection when creating the database. Are you using the Database Configuration Assistant (DBCA) or are you doing this from the command line? Get back to me and we'll try to resolve your problem.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.