I tried to import .dmp file with the following command:
imp system/manager@exantuk file=ADQORA2J.dmp.dmp full=y touser=scott
and I got an error:
Connected to: Personal Oracle8i Release 126.96.36.199.0 - Production With the Partitioning option JServer Release 188.8.131.52.0 - Production IMP-00002: failed to open adqora2j.dmp for read Import file: EXPDAT.DMP >
I am sure that the path is correct, and the file is not read-only. Any ideas?
Your imp statement you list showed ADQORA2J.dmp.dmp is that correct? All I can tell you is to make sure that it is spelled exactly the same (including case if you're in a Unix environment) and that since you're not giving it a complete path, it must be in the directory from which you are executing the imp command.
Also make sure the permissions on the file are correct so that you can access it from the user you are logged in as. For instance, if you logged in as user1 and the dmp file is owned by another user/group to which you don't have access, it could cause this problem.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.