Could you advise me on the best reporting tool for the Oracle 8i database?
There are a number of good reporting tools and most everyone has their favorite, so it's somewhat difficult to pinpoint a "best" one. But, I can suggest that you at least look into Oracle Reports and Crystal Reports. Obviously Oracle Reports, being an Oracle product, is designed to work directly with your Oracle database whereas Crystal Reports will typically use an ODBC connection to your database. Each offers a rich variety of capabilities to make your output look really sharp, handle grouping and sub-totaling and basically anything you should need.
As I mentioned, there are more options out there, but you can get a good start by taking a look at these two.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle DBA tools
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.