I want to replicate the data from Oracle8i to SQL Server 2000. My requirement is when a record is inserted/updated on the Oracle side, I need to transfer data immediatley to SQL Server 2000. One way is thought transperent gateway and triggers. But this approach will overload the table because the number of records on a daily basis in the table is more than 10,000. If I write a trigger, it will fire 10,000 times a day. Is there any workaround for this?
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our applications, PL/SQL, database administration and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.