I have a very fragmented tablespace, it contains a snapshot log, snapshot, and tables with LOB fields. How can to reorganize this kind of object? Is there a manual procedure to do it? Do you know some tool that can do it?
You could use several methods such as export/import or ALTER TABLE... MOVE or CREATE TABLE AS... and so on.
See Tom Kyte's "Ask Tom" site for some good info on options to move/reorganize. I've included a couple of links here for you to review:
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.