Before Oracle 8.05 system is reinstalled, how can I cancel the registered services items in the Windows register table? And do I resolve the wrong number "ORA-06553? odbms_standard is not created before using pl/sql"? I tried to execute catproc.sql, dbmsstdx.sql, but none works. Can you help me?
If you need to remove Services entries, use the ORADIM utility to delete them. Just type ORADIM80 at the command prompt to get an idea of the parameters you'll need.
To fix the ORA-6553 error, sign on to the database as SYS or INTERNAL. Then run the following $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/dbmsstdx.sql script.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.