While uninstalling Oracle 8i using the cd, i was not able to unstall two services that are listed in the control panel --> services. Second, I am getting the TNS listner problem while accessing using DBA STUDIO. Please help me.
If you are having problems uninstalling services, you may wish to go directly to the Windows Registry and make some manual modifications. It isn't that difficult to do, just follow these steps:
- Click Start->Run.
- Type 'regedit' in the Open box and click OK. The Registry Editor will start.
- Navigate the folders on the left side to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet folder. Expand this folder.
- Each of the subfolder presented is a different service. Scroll down until you see services that start with the word "Oracle".
- Locate the service that you want to delete. Right click on this folder and choose DELETE.
As for your Listener problem...I'm sorry, but there are just too many things that could go wrong with a Listener. If you are experiencing a specific error, please let me know more details and I will try to help you. An error message would be most helpful.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.