I tried to create a database link with the following statement:
SQL> create database link link1.satyam.com connect to banko identified by banko using 'gemico1';
ERROR at line 1: ORA-02085: database link LINK1.SATYAM.COM connects to GEMICO1.SATYAM.COM
There is a parameter in init.ora called GLOBAL_NAMES. If you change it to false, you can do your database link and it will work.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at [email protected] with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.