I am trying to use the imp/exp function from the Orale Manager Server (OMS) GUI. I am using the sysman account...
to log in, and I am using the sys as sysdba to do the imp/exp. However I am still not successful. I am getting a job fail status. Any ideas about what to do?
It would be a bit easier to help if you'd given the complete error message, the version of OEM, the version of Oracle you're using and the OS (Windows, Solaris, etc). But since you didn't, I'll tell you that sometimes problems occur when running on Windows OS and trying to execute exp from within OEM. See Metalink note: 1064607.6 if you have a Metalink account. If not, here's a bit of what it says:
"Export jobs run via the OEM job system will run properly on a Windows NT server only if the database services are started prior to the Intelligent Agent Services. Start the Windows NT database services before starting the agent services. With the database services running, stop and start the agent and then resubmit the job. As a long term solution, create service groups for the database & Listener services and for the agent service and add them to the Service Group Order List as described in Pr:1043592.6 and PrSol:2090252.6. "
Again, I don't know if this will help, but it's the best I can do with limited info on your exact situation. If this doesn't fit, please send more info and I'll try again! :)
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database export, import and migration
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.