When I installed Oracle 126.96.36.199.0 on Red Hat Advanced Server 2.1, I got the following error during the initial database creation.:
ORA-03113: end_of_file on Communication channelAny help is deeply appreciated.
It's likely a kernel parameters problem. Did you set all the parameters as directed in the Installation Guide prior to beginning the install? You'll need to check parms such as shm_max, shm_seg, shm_mni, max_proc_per_user, max_thread_per_user, and so on.
You can also try reducing the processes parameter and startup the instance manually.
There may be other causes as well, but these are the most common reasons you get that error.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle on Linux
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.