How do I place frequently accessed data on the outer edge of a disk drive? I have been reading an article on Oracle's Web site, and they mention this but fail to give any insight on how to accomplish it. Would you happen to know?
The way you accomplish it is based on, I believe, your storage vendors methods; therefore, depending on the vendor you use (Veritas, EMC, etc), the process/methods/tools used would be different.
Since you didn't mention the article you were looking at, here's another one that discusses this topic in some detail: http://technet.oracle.com/deploy/availability/pdf/oow2000_sane.pdf.
I'd suggest you check out vendor specific info for more detailed answers.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.