The basic steps for applying the Oracle 220.127.116.11 patchset are:
- Download the patch from Metalink.
- Unzip it on the database server.
- Shut down all databases using the Oracle9i home.
- Apply the patchset to the Oracle binaries.
- Start up all databases using the Oracle9i home and run required SQL scripts within each database.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database installation, upgrades and patches
Related Q&A from Maria Anderson
I have been trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on SUSE Linux 9.0 and got the error: "Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/...../*.mk." Continue Reading
Can I use /var/opt/oracle/oratab to specify listener information? Continue Reading
How many database instances can be created on an Oracle server with an installation drive containing 15 GB free space? Continue Reading