How do I pass data from one table as column names to another table in SQL?
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking so this answer will be **very** generic. The short generic answer I'll suggest is to write PL/SQL to build what you want. The code could read from the first table and then build create table statements or populate any secondary tables.
Without more specific detail about exactly what you want to do, that's the best I can offer. Hope it helps some!
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle and SQL
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.