Could you suggest a replacement to the PL/SQL "Start With...Connect By" statement to an equivalent T-SQL statement? I searched all over the Internet for a solution, but couldn't find a good answer. Appreciate your help.
As far as I know, there isn't a corresponding mechanism in T-SQL. However, there are some work-arounds, however inconvenient, noted in some of my earlier postings which may be helpful:
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the edtiors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best SQL Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.