How can I achieve the LIMIT and OFFSET function in Oracle? I want to select the top 10 rows from a table, and from those 10 rows, I want to select 4th record. I know that I can use it in Postgre, but I don't know how to do it in Oracle.
What you're wanting to do is get the "n-th" record in a table. There is a great tip on this site to do just that at the following link: https://searchoracle.techtarget.com/tips
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.